Fill your basket with the season’s choice produce.
Have you ever stood under a tree with the sun filtering through the leaves and the warm breeze on your face? And then looked up and picked a perfectly ripe, sunrise-colored peach from the tree? You can smell its sweetness, and your mouth starts to water. There’s nothing better.
At Great Country Farms, you can live that pleasure as each season brings new fruits to pick.
Kids will love eating goodies they’ve picked themselves (even broccoli!). And they’ll get a chance to see how food is grown~ yes potatoes actually grow under the soil.
Or we’ll pick for you at the Farm Market
If you don’t have time to enjoy picking, visit our Farm Market to shop for all the produce in season. We also have local honey, jams, freshly baked goods, and gifts. Plus, don’t miss our infamous Cider Donuts.
You don’t have to pay admission to visit the Farm Market, so it’s easy to drop by even for a quick visit.
Farm Market Hours:
- From March 19 to Mid May: 10 am to 5 pm
- From Mid May to October 31: 9 am to 6 pm
- From November 1 to November 22: 10 am to 5 pm
At the nearby Farm Bakery, you can enjoy hand-dipped ice cream, freshly baked seasonal pies, cookies and seasonal flatbreads.
Farm Bakery Hours:
- April & May: 10 am to 3pm Saturdays & Sundays
- June to October: 10 am to 4 pm Tuesdays-Sundays
- November: 10 am to 3 pm on Weekends
Here’s what you can find each season in our U-Pick fields and Farm Market.
Springtime bursts with asparagus, strawberries and black raspberries.
In the Summer, we’re all about the blueberries, plums, peaches, and blackberries. Also, don’t forget our vegetable gardens are chock full of sun-drenched tomatoes, corn, green beans, and peppers.
And in the Fall, enjoy apples, gourds, potatoes, and pumpkins as we close out the season.
In case you were wondering…
Can I bring my dog?
Do I have to pay admission if I only want to U-Pick?
- For your safety, everyone takes a wagon ride to the fields. That way, we know who’s there and can clear the field in case of bad weather.
- Most people want to spend time visiting the animals, playing Cow Pie Putt Putt, or enjoying other attractions, which are included in your admission fee.
Admission is less than the cost of a movie ticket, and you get a whole day of fun! But if you don’t have time to make a day of it, you can get the same fresh produce and other goodies at the Farm Market without paying admission.
Do I have to ride the wagon to the U-Pick fields?
Plus, your wagon drivers know many fascinating facts about the farm and can direct you to the best places to U-pick.
What time are the wagon rides?
Do we need to bring our own containers?
Just make sure you have your containers weighed when you first pay admission, so we can deduct the weight from the final purchase cost.
We encourage you to bring a cooler to protect the freshness of your produce.
Is the produce organic?
(By the way, if you want to learn more about these techniques, come and ask us. We love to talk about our farming innovations!)
- All our strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries are grown without synthetic chemicals.
- We use an Integrated Pest Management program (IPM) in our orchards and fields. We constantly scan the crops for signs of pest damage and treat only when a crop is threatened. Most veggies are pesticide free and our orchard fruits are generally treated in bud and as needed to ensure yields and quality.
- The CSA garden is free of synthetic fertilizers and herbicides. It’s treated only when pest pressure arises.