Your students will love a day of learning and fun in our pumpkin patch. Our skilled tour hosts make learning so fun that your students will master SOLs with ease!
Students will learn about the pumpkin life-cycle — from seed to vine to flower to fruit to pie, and even get to pick their own pumpkin! They will discuss similarities and differences between fruits that have to be replanted every year, like pumpkins, and fruits that grow on trees, like apples. Schedule in late September and early October to have the chance to see the live pumpkin vines before the first frost, along with the actual stages of growth from flower to fruit. Tours are available Tuesdays-Fridays.
The Pumpkin/Apple Field Trip (late September-October) is $9 per person, and it includes:
- Wagon ride tour to the pumpkin patch to pick a small pumpkin
- Pumpkin life-cycle station
- Apple life-cycle and apple snack
- 12:30 pm pig race
- Gross motor work-out in our farm play area after your tour
- Don’t forget to exercise gross motor skills by visiting our 5-acre play area! Our 2800 sq. ft. Pumpkin Jumpin’ Pillow, Double Barrel 80-foot slides, pedal cart track, and rope swings will make your heart race! You can become a Maze Master by challenging each of our four mazes. See who can climb up the Rubber Ridge tractor tire mountain the fastest, or go for a romp in our Corn Bin. Summer camp groups are welcome to spend the whole day at the farm and max out their enjoyment in the farm play area.
With each of our field trips, one bus driver and one teacher receive complimentary admission for every 15 students, with a minimum of 15 students. We are here rain or shine, and there are several covered areas available for your group to shelter from inclement weather.
Let us provide hotdogs for lunch so you can save time and enjoy your field trip and educational experience!
Please bring water for your group. We strongly recommend a large cooler with cups.
CSA/Fan Memberships, Military ID and Promotional offers are not applicable for school tour admission.