April 13, 2019 | 10:00 to 4:00 | Cider Barn by the pond
Advance will-call tickets are $8/guest.
Tickets at the gate: $8/child and $10/Adult. Four legged friends do not need tickets. (CSA, Fan of the Farm, Children 2 years and under, Active Duty and Retired Military ID card holders do not pay admission)
Great Country Farms is going to the dogs! Bring your furry friend for a day that is all about them.
Watch competition-level canines from Appalachian Air Canines fetch Frisbee’s and novice and veteran competitors can join in on the fun! Meet vendors with specialty pet products, receive training tips and lessons, and compete in our Doggy Olympics for prizes! Our beer and wine garden will be open serving Dirt Farm Brewing beer and Bluemont Vineyard wine.
All dogs must remain on a leash sporting their finest rabies certification tag. Please bring a water bowl to keep Fido hydrated, and pick up whatever they leave behind.
After a fun day on the farm, bring your dog up to Bluemont Vineyard for their Dog Days Yappy Hour!
The Appalachian Air Canines is a small, regional club made up members who enjoy having fun with their dogs through disc-dog sports. Novice and veteran competitors alike are encouraged to give it a try, and the top three finishers in each competitive division will receive award ribbons and prizes.
Contestants and their canine teammates earn points for basic throws and catches, with bonus points for mid-air catches in the Toss/Fetch event. Rules and guidelines can be found at www.aircanines.com. The event welcomes mixed-breed as well as purebred dogs of any age. Pre-registration is not required, and an entry fee of $10 per dog to compete is required. Every entrant will be provided with a premium, competition-grade Frisbee along with a lot of encouragement!
2019 Dog Days Schedule of Activities:
- The Joyful Dog playground with Tellington TTouch® elements for confidence and connection, plus Parkour and low impact Agility equipment.
- Join Susan Sanderson and Marnie Montgomery for mini training lessons throughout the weekend, in which we answer the questions, “What is the Swiss Army Knife” of dog training techniques, and “Why does my dog pull on lead?”
- Susan Sanderson will lead you and your dog through “Training stations” around the lake or farm, in which she’ll introduce tricks and games skills for everyday fun in your backyard or on your walks.
- 12:30pm “What did my Dog Just Eat?” lively discussion to demystify dog food and treat labels with EJs Meats and Treats
- 2pm~ The Doggie Olympics: Prizes from VET Wagon!
- Dog or Frog– How Many times can your dog jump in 15 seconds?
- Musical Sit– when the music stops your dog has to sit!
Doggy Business: All canine companions must remain on a leash and sport their finest rabies certification tag or have proof with them. Canine drinking water is available from our farm pump, so bring a bowl to fill to keep Fido hydrated. Please help make the day excellent for all our guests by cleaning up after your dog in all locations on the farm. We are happy to provide scooping bags.
If you are interested in donating an item to our doggy bags or becoming a vendor (dog related) please contact us via AsktheFarmer@greatcountryfarms.com or (540) 554-2073
2019 Festival Sponsors and Vendors: