- Plan a Weekday Afternoon Visit ~ Shhhh… The best kept secret is to visit on weekday afternoons when we are least busy. Take an afternoon off or come after school and enjoy the Pumpkin Patch at an easy pace. Visit Saturday or Sunday Mornings right at 9am for the least busy weekend times.
- Buy ’em BIG! Pumpkins are $.59/lb but we max out at $20/pumpkin from the field so the bigger the pumpkin, the better the value! We have mini pumpkins too for $1.50 each. These minis are perfect for tiny hands or home decor.
- The pumpkin vines have died back due to frost and colder temps. Fewer vines make the pumpkins very visible in the field so families can easily find a Great Pumpkin now through the end of the month.
- Wagon rides take guests to and from the pumpkin patch so plan for some extra time to sit back and enjoy the ride.
- School Tours are scheduled Tuesday- Fridays and most head back to school by 1pm. Students go to a separate pumpkin field from other guests so don’t worry if you see a lot of buses when you arrive. We have lots of pumpkins!
- Family Friendly, Leashed Dogs are welcome to join your family day on the farm. Please clean up after your dog. Feel free to take fido on the wagon ride and to any of the outdoor areas of the farm. We do ask that dogs not come in the Roosteraunt & Farm Market buildings per VA Dept of Ag. rules about dogs in food preparation and storage areas .
- Feel free to bring a picnic and a blanket to toss on a shady spot to enjoy your lunch. Picnic tables are a hot commodity and fill up quickly. Our Roosteraunt Concession Stand is open Tuesdays- Fridays from 11am-3pm. Saturday & Sundays hours are 11am-5pm for pies, apple dumplings.
“Wine” a Little! No other Pumpkin Patch has a Winery & Craft Brewery sister properties that offer 10% off craft beverages with your wristband. For a less crowded tasting experience, START your day with lunch at one of these mountain locations above the farm and then pumpkins in the late afternoon when the farm starts to slow down. Bluemont Vineyard and Dirt Farm Brewing are also open until 8pm on Fridays so you can pick pumpkins on Friday afternoons and then grab dinner with your favorite Craft Beverage.
- Cider Donuts are made Tuesdays- Sundays. Don’t miss this fall treat! The “Donut Craze” happens at 2pm on weekends when our machine has trouble keeping up with demand so buy yours before 2pm so you have them before you leave for the day.
Dress for picking with sun screen, hats and closed toed shoes. Be sure to check for ticks when you get home and put your pumpkin patch clothes in the laundry rather than a hamper in your bedroom.
It is Fall Harvest Season and time to pick pumpkins to celebrate fall! Here are a few tips for making your Pumpkin Patch Visit the Best Ever!