September 28 – October 31, 2020
Pick Your Own Update: 10/26/2020 ~ Last week for Pumpkin picking!
Pumpkins sold separately and NOT included with your admission ticket. The Apple orchard is picked out and CLOSED at the moment~ Late season apples coming soon!
Weekday Admission: $10/child & $12/Adult ~Last wagon to the pumpkin patch at 4pm Weekdays
Weekend Admission & Nov 1,2,3: $14/child & $16/Adult ~ Last wagon to the pumpkin patch at 5pm Weekends
Children 2 & Under are Free
MILITARY NOTE: Due to Phase 3 limits on event attendance and in support of social distancing for COVID-19 safety, we are not able to offer complimentary admission for military families on Saturdays & Sundays in September and October this season. We so appreciate your service and will continue to offer complimentary admission to military families on non-holiday weekdays. Advanced tickets are not required for non-holiday weekdays, simply present Military ID at admission.
Market & Play Area Open 9am-5pm weekdays and til 6pm on Saturday, October 31.
Come celebrate with us and create an unforgettable experience picking pumpkins, getting lost in our corn maze and roasting marshmallows at the bonfire. Don’t forget those freshly made Cider Donuts!
The farm will have cider pressing demonstrations at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays with the Zurschmeide Family’s antique 1865 Cider press. Sample the freshly pressed cider and see how it used to be produced!
Weekend Event Schedule:
- Wagon Rides to Pick Pumpkins 9:15am-5pm
- Cider Pressing Demos at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm
- Marshmallow Roasting 11am-4pm
- Live Music 11am-3pm
- Pumpkin Cannons open weeks (separate fee)
- Cow Train open weekends ($2/ride)
Music Schedule 11am-3pm: musicians to be determined
Great Country Farms is known to create farm lovin’ kids who take pride in eating veggies they have picked. Common side effects include bouts of jumping pillow giggles, a desire to dig in the dirt or stomp in a puddle, unexplained rosy cheeks and spontaneous fits of laughter. Great Country Farms is not responsible for overly happy families enjoying fall harvest together. Visit at your own risk!
Check out all that you can do on Weekdays:
- Take a wagon ride or bring your own wagon and walk out to the pumpkin patch to choose your great pumpkin. Pumpkins are $.59/lb for any size, shape or color so you can choose the perfect pumpkin to take home.
- Get lost in our Whats a Henway Corn Maze celebrating apples and cider! 10 questions about apples will help guide you through the maze. Our 1.5 acre Corn Maze takes an average of 30 minutes so you can conquer the maze and still enjoy all the farm has to offer. Open daily 9am-5pm.
- Enjoy our 12 acre play area! The Triple Threat 80′ slide will make your heart race! Our 2800 sq ft Pumpkin Jumpin’ Pillow, pedal cart track and rope swings await you!
- Visit with our barn animals and feed the goats.
- See if you can get a hole in one playing our Cow Pie Putt Putt course.
- Savor lunch at Henway Hard Cider daily 12-6pm. Check out the Bird Bites Menu!
- The Farm Market offers seasonal fresh produce, jams & jellies, honey, local meats, baked goods, hand-dipped ice cream and great gift ideas from local artists. Fall features fresh cider, 100% natural cider slushies, corn stalks, gourds and apples! Available DAILY 9-5
On weekends we also offer these activities:
- Fire the Cannons on WEEKENDS & Columbus Monday and see if you can hit the targets in the field! $5/5 shots. Open weekends Sept 30-Nov. 1st from 10am-5pm
- Roast marshmallows over an open fire 11am-4pm ons Saturdays & Sundays
- Check out our 1865 Press and learn how much faster our modern Bladder Press can complete the work of pressing a bushel of apples. Demos at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Grab lunch at the Roosteraunt Snack Bar, open 11-4pm Saturdays & Sundays featuring hot Apple Cider Donuts, cauliflower crust pizzas (GF), hot Dogs, chicken tenders, ice cold drinks, kettle corn, and freshly baked apple pies.
- Drive across the street to Bluemont Vineyard to sip on their Autumn Apple Wine and enjoy the view! Receive 10% off wine bottle purchases with your farm wristband! Open 11am-7pm daily. Reservations Required on Saturdays & Sundays at Bluemont Vineyard.
Our 12 acre Play Area is open daily 12-5pm and features:
- The 2020 Henway Corn Maze
- New Tilt Maze Table Games
- Count them TWO 2800 Sq. ft Jumping Pillows
- The One of a Kind Farm Ninja Obstacle Course
- 80 ft. Triple Threat Giant Slide
- Double Barrel 60ft. Double Slide
- Bouncy Cow Corral
- 18 hole Cow Pie Putt-Putt Golf Course
- Jammed Tractor Maze
- Pathway Puzzle Maze
- Rope Maze
- Goat Tree House
- Farm Animals to feed and visit
- Lil’ Farmer play area
- The Corn Bin
- Rope Swings
- Tractor Tire Mountain
- Catch & Release Fishing in our Stocked pond with your own equipment
- Memory & Tic Tac Toe Games!