Pick Your Own Update: 9/22/2020 ~ only 2 More weekends of Apple Picking left in 2020!
We are SOLD OUT for Saturday, 9/26 & Sunday 9/27 and cannot accept walk-in guests due to attendance limits imposed by our Governor.
Apples sold separately and NOT included with admission
Weekday Admission: $10/child & $12/Adult ~ Timed tickets not required at this time for weekdays. Open weekdays from 9am-5pm.
Saturday & Sunday Admission~ Advance Tickets REQUIRED: $14/child & $16/adult ~ Timed Advance Tix required to guarantee access on weekends! Open Weekends 9am-6pm
For questions or changes to advance tickets, please email AskTheFarmer@GreatCountryFarms.com
Children 2 & Under, CSA & Fan of the Farm Members are Free & do not require timed tickets.
NOTE: Due to Phase 3 limits on event attendance and in support of social distancing for COVID-19 safety, we are not able to offer complimentary admission for military families on Saturdays & Sundays in September and October this season. We so appreciate your service and will continue to offer complimentary admission to military families on non-holiday weekdays.
September may mean back to school for many, but at Great Country it means back to the farm for freshly pressed cider and apple picking. Challenge the What’s a Henway Corn Maze and learn about apples and Henways.
Celebrate everything apple with apple picking, apple cider donuts, and a romp in our 12 acre play area.
On Saturdays & Sundays we add on live music, marshmallow roasting & cider pressing demonstrations and fresh cider samples. Check out the Zurschmeide Family’s antique 1865 Cider press. Sample freshly pressed cider and see how it used to be produced!
Week Day Activities:
- Visit the apple orchard to pick the freshest apples 9:15am-4:30pm (apples are sold separately starting at $1.99/lb)
- Get lost in our 1.5 Acre Corn Maze, that takes an average of 30 minutes to complete, so you have plenty of time to enjoy all the farm has to offer.
- Romp in our 12 acre play area, featuring The one of a kind Farm Ninja Obstacle Course, two Jumping Pillows, rope swings, Cow Pie Putt Putt Golf Course, farm animals and more!
- Shop in the Farm Market for seasonal fresh produce, jams & jellies, local honey, hand dipped Ice Cream and baked goods. We will be featuring fresh cider, 100% natural cider slushies and apples!
- Savor lunch at Henway Hard Cider daily 12-6pm or bring your own picnic. Check out the Bird Bites Menu!
- Grab a pie or hand dipped ice cream in our new Knead It Bakery.
- Drive across the street to Bluemont Vineyard to sip on their Autumn Apple Wine and enjoy the view! Receive 10% off wine bottle purchases with your farm wristband! Open 11am-7pm daily. Reservations Required on Saturdays & Sundays at Bluemont Vineyard.
- Hop in the car and head up the mountain to, Dirt Farm Brewing, and enjoy a flight or pint of their farm fresh beer. Open 12pm-7pm and til 9pm on Fridays.
Saturdays & Sundays also include:
- Roast marshmallows over an open fire 11am-4pm
- Check out our 1865 Press and learn how much faster our modern Bladder Press can complete the work of pressing a bushel of apples. Demos at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Roosteraunt Snack Bar, open 11-4pm Saturdays & Sundays featuring Apple Cider Donuts, pizzas, hot dogs, chicken tenders, ice cold drinks, kettle corn, and freshly baked apple pies.
- Live Music Schedule 11am-3pm: musicians to be announced
- The One of a Kind Farm Ninja Obstacle Course
- Two 2800 Sq. ft Jumping Pillows
- 80 ft. Triple Threat Giant Slides
- Double Barrel 60ft. Double Slides
- 18 hole Cow Pie Putt-Putt Golf Course
- Jammed Tractor Maze
- Pathway Puzzle Maze
- Rope Maze
- Billy Goats Gruff to feed and visit
- Lil’ Farmer play area with GCF veggie train photo ops
- The Corn Bin
- Rope Swings
- Tractor Tire Mountain
- Catch & Release Fishing in our Stocked pond with your own equipment
- Bouncy Cows for the tots!
- Fido is always welcome at the farm. Please pick up after your dog!