September Weekends Sept: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 & 30, 2018
Weekday Admission: $8/child & $10/Adult
Saturday & Sunday Admission: $10/child & $12/adult
(Sept 8 & 9 we Back the Red, White & Blue! Calling all First Responders ~ We want to thank you for keeping our Communities Safe with Complimentary Family Admission with your ID the second weekend of Sept.)
September may mean back to school for many, but at Great Country it means back to the farm for freshly pressed cider and freshly picked apples. We will celebrate the start of the apple picking and cider pressing season with tastings of Rinkers freshly pressed cider — the best in the Valley!
To celebrate everything apple, the farm will have cider pressing demonstrations at 11am, 1pm and 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays with the Zurschmeide Family antique 1865 Cider press. Visitors are encouraged to sample fresh cider and see how cider used to be produced.
Live music each Saturday & Sunday 11am-4pm with Tony M Music and the “Roosteraunt Band”
- Take a wagon ride to the apple orchard to pick the freshest apples at $1.99/lb.
- Get lost in the Virginia is for Lovers Corn Maze. Our 1.5 Acre Corn Maze takes an average 30 minutes so you have plenty of time to enjoy all the farm has to offer.
- Romp in our 5 acre play area! The Triple Threat 80′ slide will make your heart race! The Giant Pumpkin Jumpin’ Pillow, pedal cart track and rope swings await you! Make a hole in one in our Cow Pie Putt Putt Course, visit with our farm animals and more!
- Farm Market offers seasonal fresh produce, jams & jellies, honey, and baked goods. We will be featuring fresh cider, 100% natural cider slushies and apples!
- The Roosteraunt Concession Stand features hot CIDER DONUTS, Hand Dipped Trickling Springs Ice Cream, flat bread pizzas, ice cold drinks, Pecanwood Smoked Pork BBQ sandwiches with classic coleslaw, Kettle Corn, and Freshly baked apple pies. Open 11am-3pm Mondays & Fridays and 11am-5pm Saturdays & Sundays. The Roosteraunt is CLOSED Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays in September.
- Bluemont Vineyard across the street from the farm is the perfect place enjoy the view! Tastings offered from 11am-5:45pm. Friday hours 11am-8pm. Receive 10% off wine bottle purchases with your farm wristband!
- Check out our 1865 Press and learn how much faster our modern Bladder Press can complete the work of pressing a bushel of apples. Demos at 11am, 1pm and 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays
- See if you can get a hole-in-one on the Cow Pie Putt Putt course.
- Stop by our new Farm Brewery, Dirt Farm Brewing, on your way home. Open 2-8 Fridays and 12-6 every other day.
- Wagon rides 9:15am-5pm to our pick your own orchards (apples are $1.99/lb)
- Weekend live Music
- Virginia is for Lovers Maze open 9am-5pm
- Antique Cider Press Demonstrations Saturdays & Sundays at 11am, 1pm & 3pm
- 2800 Sq. ft Jumping Pillow
- 80 ft. Triple Threat Giant Slide
- Double Barrel 60ft. Double Slide
- 18 hole Cow Pie Putt-Putt Golf Course
- Jammed Tractor Maze
- Pathway Puzzle Maze
- Rope Maze
- Billy Goats Gruff to feed and Visit
- Lil’ Farmer play area with GCF veggie train photo ops
- The Corn Bin
- Pedal Cart Track
- Rope Swings
- Tractor Tire Mountain
- Catch & Release Fishing in our Stocked pond with your own equipment
- Bouncy Cows for the tots!
- Off-Leash Doggie Picnic Area (Fido is always welcome at the farm. Please pick up after your dog!)