PYO UPDATE: 5/22/23- Fields are open First Come, First Serve Today!
Our field is totally CHEMICAL FREEso far this season so our strawberries are not the strawberries mentioned on this year’s Dirty Dozen List!
Pick your own Strawberries are $4.99/lb + Farm Admission to Pick & Play. Admission includes visits with our baby bunnies, lambs and goats as well as our 12 acre play area. Bring a cooler with ice packs to hold your strawberries while you play the day away!
Don’t want to pay farm admission to enjoy the play area? No Problem. We have plenty of pre-picked strawberries for sale in our Farm Market. Fast and Easy– just shop and enjoy!
Here are some tips to make your Pick & Play Experience the Best it can Be:
- The best picking is always on weekday mornings.
- If you plan to come pick on a weekend be sure to get 10am Advance Tickets to catch the first wagon ride out to the field.
- We provide quart containers for picking. If you bring your own containers, be sure to weigh them first so we can take the weight off when you pay for your strawberries.
- Bring a Cooler with ice packs to keep your strawberries cool while you play the day away in our 12 acre play area
- Wear a hat & closed toed shoes you don’t mind getting dirty– you’re in a farm field an there may be mud!
Check back for more details as we see what Mother Nature has in store for our crop this season. We have survived 3 frosts this season and covered and uncovered the rows of berries to protect them several times this spring. We are hoping to make it to Mother’s Day without any more frost damage.
What’s in Season Now? Pick your Own Seasons
In case you were wondering…
Can I bring my dog?
Do I have to pay admission if I only want to U-Pick?
- Most people want to spend time visiting the animals, playing Cow Pie Putt Putt, or enjoying other attractions, which are included in your admission fee.
- We are a destination for family fun on the farm and encourage all our guests to plan on a few hours to enjoy our 12 acre play area and create lifetime memories. We do understand that some guests prefer to only pick fruit and are happy to direct you to another farm with picking only options so you can still shop local and support local farms.
Admission is less than the cost of a movie ticket, and you get a whole day of fun! But if you don’t have time to make a day of it, you can get the same fresh produce and other goodies at the Farm Market without paying admission.
Do I have to ride the wagon to the U-Pick fields?
Plus, your wagon drivers know many fascinating facts about the farm and can direct you to the best places to U-pick.
What time are the wagon rides?
Do we need to bring our own containers?
Just make sure you have your containers weighed when you first pay admission, so we can deduct the weight from the final purchase cost.
We encourage you to bring a cooler to protect the freshness of your produce.
Is the produce organic?
(By the way, if you want to learn more about these techniques, come and ask us. We love to talk about our farming innovations!)
- We do not apply glyphosate in any of our veggie fields.
- We use an Integrated Pest Management program (IPM) in our orchards and fields. We constantly scan the crops for signs of pest damage and treat only when a crop is threatened. Most veggies are pesticide free and our orchard fruits are generally treated in bud and as needed to ensure yields and quality.
- The CSA garden is free of synthetic fertilizers and herbicides. It’s treated only when pest pressure arises.