June 21, 2020
Hosted by Henway Hard Cider in 2020 $8/person advance tickets; $10 at the gate space permitting
*Fishing license not required; Bring your own equipment ~ Order night crawlers with your tickets! In order to maintain proper social distancing, we recommend advance tickets so you are sure to have a space at the pond.
Treat Dad to a fun-filled weekend with BBQ and catch-and-release fishing. Compete in our Fish-a-Rama contest, fishing for bass, and blue gill in our stocked ponds. Prizes are on the line for the largest fish caught between 9am and 2pm and the most fish caught during the power hour from 1-2pm. Bring your own pole and gear to fish (no drag hooks), and we will have worms for sale with your reservation.
We are excited to welcome Phil Stevens from Project Healing Waters back to help with fishing tips and education. (Update: 6/18/20 Unfortunately, Phil has had a personal loss and will not be able to join us in 2020). Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities including education and outings. Our Father’s Day Contest is proud to help Cast a Lifeline!
- Entry is $8/person in advance or $8/Child & $10/Adult on the day of the contest. Admission includes the GCF play area!
- Fish must be caught in our front pond to be entered in the contest
- We measure only Bass for the contest
- No boats permitted
- Winners announced at 2pm for a Fan of the Farm Season Pass and $100 gift card to Great Country Farms/Bluemont Vineyard/Dirt Farm Brewing.
What to Bring:
- Lawn Chairs & Shade umbrellas
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
- Please no outside coolers or picnics
Schedule of Events:
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Fishing competition for largest bass ~ Breakfast Bird Bites available from
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Power Hour ~ Prize for the most fish ca the Henway Kitchen
12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Live Music with Tony Mught
TBD Fly Tying with Duncan Mackey of @ReelCooking